For those of you who are running the diet program, usually have difficulty in controlling appetite. Though, the key to dieting success is the ability to control appetite and reduce food intake.
Did you know that there are some foods that have the ability to control appetite? Here is the diet supporting foods:
1. Avocado. Avocado is a natural appetite suppressant that most effective. Fiber and saturated fat in avocado is causing it to work that way. After eating the avocado, then the body will send signals to the brain telling you that your stomach is full.
2. Tofu. Tofu is rich in protein and isoflavones genistein type, which is believed to suppress the appetite. The food that comes from other soy also contains genistein, so it has the same effect, which suppresses appetite, for example tempeh and soy milk.
3. Green Tea. Drinking green tea is an easy way to diet and suppress appetite. This is because it contains catechins that able to slow the process of transforming glucose into fat cells, to stabilize blood sugar. This will make the body feel full. Read More
People who like to eat food or drink high sugar levels have a higher risk for brain shrinkage. Some of the effect is the occurrence of dementia and physically look older faster, according to a study from the Australian National University.
In the study led by Dr. Nicolas Cherbuin, involved 249 people aged 60-64 years. Their brains are continuously monitored for four years. Previously, the volunteers have recorded normal blood sugar. Their brains conditions were scanned and compared between the condition that taken at the beginning and end of the study.
The result, researchers found a link between the increase in blood sugar with brain shrinkage. On volunteers who tend to be high in sugar, lose some of the existing brain volume in the hippocampus and amygdala. Both parts of this organize human memory and cognitive skills. The opposite is not found in volunteers who sugar levels remained normal throughout the study. Read More
Stroke can cause a person to be paralyzed, even died because vascular system of the brain is damaged. The disease is very scary and should be as much as possible to avoid.
One way of avoiding a stroke is to avoid foods that trigger it. What are they?
1. Fried Foods. Foods that are undergoing a process of frying with oils containing high trans fats can lead to stroke. This is because trans fats will clog or close blood vessels and lowers levels of good fats.
2. Processed meat products. In the processed meat food products are usually added preservatives and sodium. While the known effect of sodium nitrite and nitrate on blood vessels and arteries are not so good which can make blood vessels constrict and become tough and elastic.
3. Soft drinks. Research at Columbia University says that the risk of people who become regular soda drinkers were 60% for stroke, heart, and coronary. There are 2,500 people involved as volunteers in the study, with over 40 years of age.
4. Fast food. Fast food or junk food, and canned foods often contain salt and sodium in excess of normal limits. Thereby limiting the consumption of these foods is wiser if you want to avoid a stroke.
Cholesterol become the cause of the presence of disease is quite famous in modern times, namely heart disease and stroke. Both diseases are bringing the death rate is quite high. Cholesterol put itself in a crust of blood vessels that hinder the smooth circulation of blood. When the accumulated amount and rate of obstructed blood, blood pressure become high and lead to that diseases.
Therefore, it is essential to maintain cholesterol in the blood. At a minimum, you must know the various triggers high levels of LDL cholesterol that became bad caused for the body. Here are seven causes of elevated cholesterol levels.
- Eating foods that contain too much saturated fat. These fats are easily found from animal sources. For example, beef, pork, veal, milk, eggs, butter, and cheese that contain saturated fat. Food prepared with coconut oil, palm oil or cocoa butter may also contain cholesterol. As in fried foods, crackers, chips and other snacks.
- Excessive weight. Being overweight can increase triglycerides and lower HDL cholesterol which is considered as the good cholesterol. In fact, HDL cholesterol is needed to overcome the bad LDL cholesterol. Read More
Sea fish, has a huge benefit to the human body because with consume one this type of seafood can prevent some types of diseases. The content of omega 3 fatty acids, protein, and other mineral are make sea fish to be one of the healthiest meals for human consumption.
Here are some kinds of disease that the risk can be reduced if you eat fish regularly:
1. Cardiovascular disease. Omega-3 fatty acid on fish is beneficial to health of the heart, arteries and veins. Increase good cholesterol and prevents blood clots. If the heart and arteries and veins are healthy, the risk of heart disease and heart failure is automatically reduced.
2. Distanced obesity. Fish oil contains DHA that can make changes to pre-fat cells into fat cells is stopped. The result, accumulation of fat in the human body to be reduced, and obesity can be avoided.
3. Reducing cancer risk. Miraculous substance in fish useful to reduce the risk of breast cancer, colon, and prostate are the omega 3 fatty acids. Read More