A healthy eye until old age became people’s dreams. The inability to see may be a problem in life. Therefore, while it is given a healthy eye, you should treat your eyes to be able to function for a lifetime. And, consider the following tips to maintain healthy eyes:
- Wearing sunglasses. The function is to resist ultraviolet rays that affect the cataracts eye. Sunlight can also damage the retina, as well as cancer and prevent wrinkles around the eyes.
- Stay away from cigarettes. Smoking affects the risk of cataracts and accelerates the degeneration of the eye function and other body functions.
- Eating foods that are good for the eyes. Foods that contain vitamin A, C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA will assist the risk of degeneration of the eye function.
- Routinely perform basic eye examination. Usually the age of 40 is at risk of eye problems. Perform initial screening in this age routinely for early detection if there might be problems in the eye.
- Wear eye protection for high-risk jobs. Protective eyewear can reduce the risk of accidents in the workplace. People with a welding iron, for example, at a risk of splashes sparks that will hurt the eyes. Read More
There are probably many of you who often feel fatigue during the day. Though already consume coffee or supplements, the fatigue is still there and interfere activities throughout the day. If it happens to you, look at your daily habits. Who knows it’s the cause of the wrong habits.
There are several reasons that make your body tired during the day:
1. Lack of sleep at night. The ideal time to meet the needs sleep for the night is 6-8 hours. If less than that usually the body feels tired while undergoing activities throughout the day. The solution, the body must be forced to rest.
2. No time to exercise. Often busy life makes a person does not have time to give time for exercise. In fact, exercise is so important to maintain fitness and release the stress. High stress makes the body more tired. Sports other than pressing the stress level are also providing a sense of fun with “the release of happy hormones”. This makes daily activity feel more energetic.
3. Too anxious. Anxiety felt every day from the work makes blood pressure rise. As a result, the body responds with a negative. Therefore, make time to do activities that provide relaxation for the mind.
4. Lazy for breakfast. The importance of breakfast is to provide energy from morning till ahead of lunch time. As a result, you feel lethargic due to the disruption of hormone secretion.
5. Less liquid. Sometimes people are too busy to remember to drink. Dehydration was attacked and results in fatigue.
Do not avoid eating fruits and vegetables every day. Both of these foods if not satisfied, would elevate the risk of various cancers. According to a recent study from the World Cancer Research Fund, the recommended servings are five servings a day.
Researchers said the diet with plant foods reduces the risk of various cancers. For example by eating beans, nuts, fruits, and vegetables.
“Recent research confirms, fiber-containing foods reduce the risk of colon cancer,” said Kate Mendoza, as quoted by the Daily Express.
The study involved 2,128 adults in the UK. There are 22 percent who consumed five or more servings of fruits and vegetables. Meanwhile, only 17 percent of low-income people who can meet the needs of fruit and vegetables, and only 1 in 5 people who consistently meet the needs of fiber by eating fruits and vegetables as much as five servings each day.
Food for pregnant women should have higher priority to food quality rather than just chasing of the amount. And, eating large quantities does not guarantee that it is not at risk. Thus are according to research from the University of London.
The experts suggested that the food consumed by pregnant women is more controlled. They can make a healthy diet and controlling calorie intake. That way, the pregnant women would avoid the risk of premature birth, diabetes, to hypertension that can occur during pregnancy.
Meanwhile, experts at St Thomas Hospital London suggested that quality food should be consumed by pregnant women. For example, to eat meat, more recommended eat the fresh fish than eating poultry meat or red meat. Intake in fish is more beneficial. The need to eat of mother and baby inside is more fulfilled from the nutrients for the development of better pregnancy.